The John S. Latsis Public Benefit Foundation invites research groups from all scientific fields to submit proposals for research projects for the year 2014. This is the seventh consecutive year of the research funding programme titled “Scientific Projects”.
- The proposal should describe original research which will demonstrably be carried out within the year 2014.
- The proposal must not be part of a doctoral thesis or postgraduate dissertation of a team member or the coordinator.
- The proposal must be submitted by a research group of 4 members maximum, with one coordinator.
- Coordinators and members may belong to only one research team and each team may submit only one proposal.
- The team should not have obtained any other source of funding for the submitted proposal.
The Foundation will grant funding for a maximum of 20 projects, up to the amount of €12.000 per project, including all types of deductions, taxes, dues etc.
More specifically, for the year 2014 the Foundation has decided to equally distribute funding between the following two categories:
Α. ‘Scientific Projects 2014 – General Program’ for teams that include researchers of any age.
Β. ‘Scientific Research 2014 – Young Researchers’ for teams of researchers under the age of 40 (coordinator and all team members).
All proposals will be evaluated by the programme’s Scientific Committee in collaboration with a team of independent referees. Shortlisted teams will additionally be invited for an interview.
Applications may only be submitted electronically via the On-line Submission System, which will be available on the Foundation’s website according to the following timetable.
Submission Period Opens: Thursday June 13th, 2013, at 10:00 (Athens time)
Submission Period Deadline: Thursday June 27th, 2013 at 13:00 (Athens time)
Announcement of Results: Thursday October 31st, 2013
Projects Duration January 2nd – December 8th, 2014
For additional information regarding the program interested participants should consult the Frequently Asked Questions.